Here is the comprehensive guide to writing, publishing, and selling for the ever-expanding and always exciting children’s market—now in a new and updated third edition.
• Includes new chapters on self-publishing and on “how to choose a how-to”, plus revision and updates throughout
• Offers practical advice on getting started–and on dealing with out-of-print books
• Covers picture books, chapter books, nonfiction, middle-grade and young novels, and common formats and genres
• Reveals what happens inside a children’s publishing company, and provides guidance in working with an editor
• Sample cover and query letters, manuscript format, glossary, and recommended resources in an extensive appendix
• Plus information on agents, contracts, copyright, marketing, and more