Now in its third edition, The Compassionate Geek was written by a tech person for tech people. There are no frills, just customer service best practices and ideas that actually work! Filled with practical customer service tips, best practices, and real-world techniques, The Compassionate Geek is a quick read with equally fast results. Each chapter includes a reflection and discussion section to help you improve your customer service skills. There are lots of personal stories and examples of mistakes made and lessons learned. This new edition adds an entire chapter on overcoming personal and professional obstacles.
Here’s what you ll find:
- The four intrinsic qualities of great customer service providers
- Customer service tips on how to say no without alienating your customer or end user
- Best practices for communicating with email, including examples
- Best practices for communicating using chat and texting
- Ten tips for being a good listener
- Two practical ways to keep your emotions in check using emotional intelligence (eq) techniques
- A six-step flow chart for handling customer and end user calls
- Customer service skills to use when the customer or end user is wrong
- How to work with the different generations in the workplace
- Motivational stories of human triumph with reflection and discussion questions
- Techniques for overcoming personal and professional obstacles
All of the information is presented in a straightforward style that you can understand and use right away. There’s nothing foo-foo , just down-to-earth tips and technical support best practices learned from years of working with technical staff and demanding customers and end users.