Meet the fastest, most powerful MacBook yet. It now features next-generation NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics, a 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, and 2GB of memory. That means MacBook can handle everything from surfing the web to the most graphically intense 3D games with ease. It also features up to 10 hours of battery life and a glass Multi-Touch trackpad that supports inertial scrolling, right-clicking, and Multi-Touch gestures. All in a streamlined, durable unibody enclosure.
Meet the fastest, most powerful MacBook yet. It now features next-generation NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics, a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, and 2 GB of memory. That means MacBook can handle everything from surfing the web to the most graphically intense 3D games with ease. It also features up to 10 hours of battery life and a glass Multi-Touch trackpad that supports inertial scrolling, right-clicking, and Multi-Touch gestures. All in a streamlined, durable unibody enclosure.
The 13-inch MacBook with LED-backlit screen, durable unibody enclosure, and built-in 10-hour battery.
The MacBook’s seamless, durable polycarbonate unibody enclosure has rounded contours to it easy to pick up and slide into and out of your bag. And the sleek MacBook cuts a slim profile on any desk, measuring just 1.08 inches thin and weighing 4.7 pounds. It also offers a 13.3-inch glass display with LED backlighting that delivers stunning colors and instant full-screen brightness the moment you open the lid. And its 1280 x 800 pixel resolution offers an outstanding balance of luminous color and easy readability in a perfectly portable size.
This version of the MacBook features a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, next-generation NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics, 250 GB hard drive, and 2 GB of installed RAM. Other features include integrated Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking, Bluetooth connectivity, and two USB 2.0 ports (see full specifications below). It also comes with the Mac OS X Snow Leopard operating system as well as the iLife software suite, which includes the latest versions of iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand.
Free Upgrade to OS X Lion
This Mac comes pre-installed with OS X Snow Leopard, but you can order a free upgrade to OS X Lion via Apple’s OS X Lion Up-To-Date program for a limited time (depending on the date of your purchase).
(see larger image).
Intel Core 2 Duo Processing
Combining fast processing speeds with power-saving features, the Intel Core 2 Duo processor provides greater multitasking performance by combining two independent processor cores while also reducing power requirements and saving on battery life. This Intel Core 2 Duo processor has a 2.4 GHz processor speed, speedy 1066 MHz front-side bus (FSB), and 3 MB L2 cache. (An L2, or secondary, cache temporarily stores data; and a larger L2 cache can help speed up your system’s performance. The FSB carries data between the CPU and RAM, and a faster front-side bus will deliver better overall performance.)
High Performance Graphics
Powered by the NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics card, the MacBook allows you to view flawless video in full screen HD and play the latest games with fast frame rate. It’s a great match to editing video masterpieces with iMovie and managing your photos in iPhoto, and it comes with 256 MB of DDR3 SDRAM that’s shared with main memory.
Buttonless Multi-Touch Trackpad
With no button on the glass trackpad, there’s more room to track and click–left, right, center, and everywhere in between. Without a separate button, the trackpad gives your hands plenty of room to move on the large, silky glass surface. It also incorporates Multi-Touch gestures–including swipe, pinch, rotate, and four-finger swipe. And it also now supports inertial scrolling, an intuitive way to scroll through large photo libraries, lengthy documents and long web sites.
- Up to 10 hours of continuous use with 63.5-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery.
- 13.3-inch LED-backlit, glossy widescreen display with a widescreen resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels to give you plenty of room to multitask. And the display is greener than ever: power efficient, free of harmful toxins such as mercury, and made of arsenic-free glass.
- Fast 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor helps you breeze through everyday tasks such as emailing, web browsing, and working with documents, spreadsheets, and presentations in iWork or Microsoft Office for Mac (both sold separately).
The left (above) and right (below) sides of the MacBook Pro (see larger image).
- NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics processor (with 256 MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory) for an outstanding everyday graphics experience.
- 250 GB hard drive (5400 RPM)
- 2 GB installed RAM (1066 MHz DDR3; supports up to 4 GB)
- 8x slot-loading SuperDrive with double-layer DVD support (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
- Built-in iSight camera for video chatting
- Wi-Fi wireless networking (based on 802.11n specification; 802.11a/b/g compatible)
- Gigabit Ethernet wired networking (10/100/1000BASE-T)
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) for connecting with peripherals such as keyboards, mice and cell phones.
- Two USB 2.0 ports
- Mini DisplayPort video output with optional adapters for DVI and VGA output.
- Built-in stereo speakers and omnidirectional microphone
- Combined optical digital output/headphone output (also includes line-in/microphone jack)
- Dimensions: 13 x 9.12 x 1.08 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 8.4 pounds
What’s in the Box
MacBook; 60W MagSafe Power Adapter, AC wall plug, and power cord; install/restore DVDs; printed and electronic documentation
Limited Warranty And Service
The MacBook comes with 90 days of free telephone support and a 1-year limited warranty, which can be extended to 3 years with the AppleCare Protection Plan.
Mac OS X Snow Leopard is an even more powerful and refined version of the world’s most advanced operating system. In ways big and small, it gets faster, more reliable, and easier to use. New core technologies unleash the power of today’s advanced hardware technology and prepare Mac OS X for future innovation.
- Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard (includes iTunes, Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools, and more)
iLife helps you do more with photos, movies, and music than you ever thought possible. In iPhoto, you can browse, edit, and share your photos in stunning new full-screen views. Create epic Hollywood-style movie trailers from your home video in iMovie. And GarageBand gives you everything you need to make a great-sounding song–including tools for keeping your song in perfect rhythm and guitar and piano lessons.
- iLife (includes iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, iWeb, and iDVD)
AppleCare Protection Plan
Because Apple makes the hardware, the operating system, and many applications, the Mac is a truly integrated system. And only the AppleCare Protection Plan gives you one-stop service and support from Apple experts, so most issues can be resolved in a single call. Extend the complimentary service and support on your Mac to 3 years from the original Mac purchase date with the AppleCare Protection Plan. You get direct telephone access to Apple experts for technical questions, and you get global repair coverage–including both parts and labor–for your Mac and select Apple peripherals.
Optional Accessories and Related Products
Apple Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
Apple Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter
Apple Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
60W MagSafe Power Adapter
MagSafe Airline Adapter
Apple World Travel Adapter Kit
AirPort Extreme Base Station
27-inch Apple LED Cinema Display
Apple Magic Mouse
Apple Magic Trackpad
- Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.4GHz
- 2GB DDR3 RAM
- 250GB 5400RPM Hard Drive
- 13.3-Inch Screen
- Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard, 10 hours Battery Life