Amazon Fire TV is a tiny box that connects your HDTV to a world of online entertainment. Amazon Fire TV brings you 4K Ultra High Definition streaming capability, giving you a best-in-class television experience with true-to-life picture quality when used with compatible 4K Ultra HD TVs—something Apple TV doesn’t support. Your 4K TV must support minimum HDCP requirements for protected content playback. Now with 75% more processing power than the previous generation Fire TV, a dedicated graphics engine, better Wi-Fi support, and 2 GB of memory. Your voice just got more powerful: not only can you search using your voice remote—now you can use Alexa, the brain behind Echo, on your Amazon Fire TV. Alexa answers questions, plays music, checks local theater times, sports scores, the weather, and more—instantly.
What’s on Amazon Fire TV?
With over 7,000 apps, games, and Alexa skills, Amazon Fire TV offers all your favorite subscriptions and streaming services. Watch over 300,000 TV episodes, movies, including live TV. Kick back with sports, news, music, and games. With instant access to Netflix, Amazon Video, HBO NOW, Hulu, and more, you’re sure to find something you love. Rent movies from just 99 cents. Watch live TV with Sling TV, which includes ESPN, AMC, HGTV, TNT, Food Network, ABC Family, and more. Enjoy access to Prime Video with a monthly exclusive Prime Video subscription or at no additional cost through your Amazon Prime membership. Millions of songs are available to stream on Amazon Fire TV through Pandora, Amazon Music, and iHeartRadio. Amazon Fire TV is also the easiest way to game on your HDTV. Many games are free, and paid games start from just 99 cents.
Use Alexa, the brain behind Echo, on your Amazon Fire TV. Alexa, a cloud-based voice service provides, information, answers questions, plays music, checks local theater times, sports scores, the weather, and more. Just ask using your Alexa Voice Remote.
TV the way you want it
Use your cable subscription to stream what you love on-demand through apps like HBO GO, Showtime Anytime, A&E, WatchESPN, and more. Get access to all your favorites with Fire TV – download the apps and enter your cable account information to start watching. Stream your favorite shows at the same time they’re broadcast with CBS All Access, the NBA app, MLB.tv, and more. Plus watch TV live with subscriptions to Sling TV, DIRECTV NOW, CBS All Access, and others.
Even better with Prime
Thousands of movies and TV episodes, including The Americans, Justified, and Downton Abbey, are available for Prime members or Prime Video subscribers to stream instantly, at no additional cost. Access your favorite HBO shows like The Sopranos in the HBO Collection. Unlock hours of new shows created by Amazon Studios. From Bosch to the award-winning series Transparent, plus great shows for kids like Creative Galaxy, Amazon Originals showcase comedy, drama, and children’s programming you can only see on Amazon. Millions of songs are available to stream on Amazon Fire TV through Pandora, Amazon Music, and iHeartRadio. Just press the microphone button on the Alexa Voice Remote and say what you’d like to hear next. Unlock even more music with Amazon Music Unlimited. Plus, watch videos from YouTube, Vevo, and Vimeo.
Tiny box. Huge specs.
With Amazon Fire TV, you can stream movies and TV shows in 4K Ultra HD, 1080p, or 720p. With Dolby Audio, enjoy rich cinematic surround sound via HDMI (up to 7.1) in supported apps including Amazon Video, HBO GO, and Starz, with Netflix, and Plex coming soon. From the responsive interface and instant search results, to smooth gaming and ultra-fast streaming, everything about Amazon Fire TV is fast and fluid. It’s all thanks to a quad-core processor with 75% more processing power than the previous generation Amazon Fire TV, a dedicated graphics engine, and 2 GB of memory. Say goodbye to buffering: you shouldn’t have to wait 10 seconds for a video to buffer every time you press “Play”. ASAP (Advanced Streaming and Prediction) learns what Amazon movies and shows you like and gets them ready for you to watch. The more you use Fire TV, the more accurate ASAP becomes, dynamically adapting to your viewing habits.
Easy to set up and use
Amazon Fire TV arrives pre-registered to your Amazon account and sets up in minutes. A user-friendly interface makes it easy to browse popular movies, shows, and personalized recommendations straight from your home screen. Use your voice remote to find your favorite TV shows, movies, songs, albums, and more.
- Amazon Fire TV supports 4K Ultra HD for true-to-life picture quality. Watch high-definition 1080p streams on Amazon Video, Netflix, YouTube, Hulu and more, even without a 4K TV.
- Enjoy over 7,000 apps, games, and Alexa skills including access to over 300,000 TV episodes and movies on Netflix, Amazon Video, HBO GO, Hulu, and more.
- Launch and control content with the included Alexa Voice Remote. Simply say, “Play Game of Thrones” or “Launch Netflix” and Alexa will respond instantly. Plus, play music, find movie show times, order a pizza, and more-just ask.
- No cable or satellite? No problem. Watch the best of live TV and sports from AMC, HGTV, ESPN, FOX, and others with a subscription to Sling TV, or top-rated primetime shows with CBS All Access.
- Find the best way to watch with universal search results from over 100 channels and apps including Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Video
- Now with 75% more processing power, a dedicated graphics engine, better Wi-Fi support, 2 GB of memory, 8 GB of storage and expandable storage of up to 200 GB
- Prime members get unlimited access to Prime Video, featuring thousands of movies and TV episodes at no additional cost. Plus, members can add over 90 premium and specialty channels like HBO and SHOWTIME-no cable or satellite subscription necessary.
- Play current favorites or quickly discover what to watch next directly from the Home screen.