Facebook Marketing is becoming increasingly popular due to the huge growth that Facebook has undertaken in the last few years. Just by looking at its Alexa rank, #2, it is easy to understand the kind of potential that an effective Facebook Marketing campaign can have in any business.
There is so much more to Facebook Marketing than pitching a sales speech. As a matter of fact, aggressively promoting your product or service may be detrhymental to your business. Facebook is a social media site and therefore, 99% of the members are there to connect with other people, to make friends, to talk to family, to be part of a group, not to be sold anything.
Now, in Facebook Marketing the only way to attract leads, costumers, prospects. . . call them whatever you want to call them, is by using Attraction Marketing. This technique is based on portraying yourself as a leader, as an expert, or someone who is important in a certain niche so that other people actually look for you, or what you have to offer and want to follow you.
Here are the basic steps to get you started:
* First of all you are going to need a Facebook account. This should be self-explanatory and certainly essential when it comes to Facebook Marketing, duh.
* Once you are signed up, you need to create a Personal Page, a Fan Page, and a Group Page. There are excellent instructions on Facebook about the creation of each page. There is not much SEO involved.
* Then you need to set up your pages properly. And here is where Facebook Marketing actually begins. Each page needs to have an attractive, interesting, energetic picture of YOU. Remember that this is a social media site, people want to connect to people not to organizations or companies. Then you need to fill out the bio information, do not leave it blank, tell people something about you as a person, give them something to connect to, whether it is your children, your love for pets, your hobbies, anything, just show them that you are human.
* Add lots of high value content. High value content is something relevant to your niche, something that will help people on you field. It is NOT about telling them how great your product is. 99% of the time this content should be free. It is the bait for them to start knowing and trusting you. This is how you show others that you are there for them and not just to make money. This is one of the principles of Facebook Marketing.
* After that you need to connect with others who are in your same niche, preferably those who are leaders. Facebook Marketing is about creating strong personal relationships with people with the same interests. Facebook makes this really easy. There are a couple of way to do this, the most common one is searching groups related to your business and joining them. Then you search for at least 25 people per day and send friend requests to them, preferably you are going to choose those who are leaders or active contributors of the group.
* Lastly, you need to maintain your pages. Like anywhere else, you are going to find that you are going to get a lot of spam or content from people who have nothing better to do than trashing your pages. Check your pages frequently and clean whatever doesn’t need to be there. Also, be interactive, respond to messages, clarify topics, expand on comments. If the head of the group is not actively supporting the members the group itself will quickly die.
As of today there are over 600 million active members on Facebook. Facebook Marketing is one of the newest, yet most effective strategies to market your business or products, done correctly it may become you primary marketing strategy.