Some industry experts believe that Facebook marketing is going to be as big as Google marketing. If you have not looked into Facebook or any of the other social media marketing sites, you could be missing out.
It seems like every type of business is getting on-board with Facebook marketing. If your business is still sitting on the sidelines, it’s time to jump in and play. But before you get started, now is the perfect time to take a look at all the ins and outs of social media marketing.
Will Facebook Marketing Work for Your Business?
Everyone has read the articles, glossed over the tutorials and even watched a few of the how-to video guides on using Facebook marketing, but is there any proof that it will actually increase and improve your business?
Take Your Marketing to the Next Level with Facebook
InsideFacebook. com states the following fact about Facebook:
* There are over 500 million active members currently using Facebook. Putting it into perspective, if Facebook were a country, it would have the 4th largest population on the planet.
* Facebook has been translated into over 100 languages, penetrating nearly one third of the entire population.
* Facebook’s most recent quarterly growth rates has shown that active user numbers have increased by over 25% in 47 countries.
* Over 85% of American women have a social network profile, with 95% of them on Facebook.
* More than half of everyone who shops online has a Facebook profile.
While these numbers are huge you still have to ask yourself whether Facebook marketing can work for your business. The answer is simple: it depends on you and what you do with it.
Unlocking the Potential of Facebook Marketing
Even if you just consider the power that comes with the sheer volume of 500 million users, by bringing your business idea or niche marketing project to Facebook, you will have a huge opportunity to be seen by more users than ever before. You can attract new users to become “friends”, and turn those Facebook friends into promoters, supporters and eventually clients just by implementing a well-planned strategy. Here are some examples:
* An online publication named “Social Media Examiner” was launched in November 2009 by Michael Stelzner. He decided to not launch his publication using any of the traditional marketing methods. Stelzner instead launched his publication only using social marketing networks and Facebook marketing and achieved a number one rating on Technorati for business blogs. By the end of the first quarter, there were nearly 100,000 subscribers at the Examiner. Sound too good to be true? Yet Stelzner experienced a marked increase in sales and overall business.
* Target is another example of moving away from sales flyers and traditional business promotions by launching a Party Planning Page. As a direct result of their marketing efforts, Target saw a 6% increase in sales. In fact, Target’s Facebook Fan Page attracted 20% more direct hits by Facebook fans to their store. Additionally, those Facebook fans were found to have spent 33% more than other types of customers.
* Morton’s Steakhouse ran a Valentine’s Day photo promotion on Facebook in 2009. As a result, sales and overall business experienced a large difference.
If You Work It, Facebook Works
Facebook marketing received rave reviews from analyst Kevin Ertell at ForeSee Results who stated that, “Facebook by far is the best place online to reach customers,” and he went on to tell business owners, “Get a Facebook page and you will start making money. “
So the question at the end of the day is, does Facebook marketing really work? And the answer, which is the same for many other business-related questions is, if you work it it will work.